1 January 2015

Checkmate - Monochrome Style, Foxy Necklace

Happy New Year everybody! 

I'm back earlier than expected with an outfit post on a monochrome theme. I liked this check print gingham top instantly when I saw it online, especially the exaggerated peplum shape and pointy white collar (see below). While the check pattern is a little bolder than the usual delicate prints I'm drawn to, when I received it in the post I was pleased to find it lived up to my expectations. I was even happier to discover the material is thicker than it looks for slightly colder days and is fleecy on the inside, and the top has a wonderful stretchy quality.

The outdoor pictures here were taken at the end of summer before the season changed, and I was going to wait until spring of this year to showcase the outfit, in the interests of being weather-appropriate. However, there is currently a Black & White Tuxedo-Inspired Style Contest taking place on Lookbook which invites members to showcase black and white looks (which don't have to be strictly Tuxedo-themed, and can be more of a homage). So I decided to make use of these images earlier than expected to enter the contest, just for fun (see below for contest details). 

For the complete outfit shown outside, I paired the top with classic black trousers, and wore a fox pendant necklace which was an unexpected supermarket find from a previous season. Continuing the black and white theme, the handbag is holographic with a glossy surface and features different fashionable images. The images change when the bag is turned at an angle, an effect I've tried to capture in the photos. It was bought from Pylones (formerly Octopus) boutique in Covent Garden years ago. Despite searching for another bag like it in the time since, sadly I've not seen a style quite like it again. 
Basic black top (layered underneath, sleeves just seen) - H & M, Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar), Check print peplum top - Mary Jane Fashion, Trainers - Lonsdale, Handbag - Pylones (formerly Octopus), Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx, Necklace - TU collection Sainsbury's, Watch - Sekonda









You can find out more about Lookbook's Black & White Tuxedo Style Contest, and enter here.

Or if you like my monochrome look and wish to vote for me, that would be fab!
(Truly Madly Deeply Fashion on Lookbook)

Good luck to all the entrants!

No comments:

Post a Comment