27 May 2015

Metamorphosis

Butterflies fascinate me, and when I was younger I went through a phase where I simply had to buy any butterfly-themed jewellery I could get my hands on. Other jewelled insects, like dragonflies, also feature prominently in my jewellery box. It seems especially appropriate to rediscover these pieces during the spring / summer season, when the prospect of change and renewal seem most possible. Sometimes when I construct an outfit, my starting point is an item of jewellery I want to showcase, and I then build an outfit around it. I was delighted to discover that this blue and peach bird print top perfectly matched the colour scheme of my butterfly brooch, which was bought from Covent Garden Market during my obsessive butterfly phase. I donned the blue velvet embellished handbag which was shown on the blog in this recent post. It will be nice to have more blue-toned outfits to wear it with. Luckily, we had another bank holiday Monday here at the start of the week, which gave me the opportunity to get out and about and take these pictures.
Blouse - Oasis, Brooch - Covent Garden Market, Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx, Handbag - Accessorize, Blazer - A Wear, Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar), Footwear - Lonsdale
Bird stud earrings - part of a multi-pack from Outfit (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment