21 June 2015

Orient Express (Part 1) - Summer Solstice

I just love the trend towards romantic Orientalism in fashion, and those of you who read my blog regularly may recall an earlier post (Left my Heart in Tokyo) in which I spoke of my fascination with geisha style. The intricate embroidery of this Eastern style bolero makes it feel extra special to put on. It's the kind of piece I don't get to wear very often, but when I do, it feels just right. The vivid blue shade was my inspiration for the rest of the outfit, and I continued the blue theme with a colourful lace top. I donned my trusty embellished combat trousers with small sequins which catch the light, and my 'love' handbag, which has a holographic surface with images which shift and change in different lights.

I was so pleased to capture this image from behind me, and get it right the first time. That hardly ever happens! It's hard to believe that today is the longest day of the year, as it seems so soon. The summer solstice always feels like an important milestone, and an appropriate time to review my future plans.   

Do you have any plans for the longest day? I hope you're having a fab weekend so far, and wish you all a happy summer solstice!
Lace blouse - Red Herring at Debenhams
Trousers - Asos
Bolero - Warehouse
Shoes - BHS
Bag - Pylones
Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx

Related post

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the top here in all its glory like that is amazing! It's GORGEOUS!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lorna! I'm so glad you like it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete