5 June 2015

Alley Cat

These images are from last Saturday, which was blissfully sunny. I decided I wanted to wear my embellished combat trousers which I've had for a very long time, but haven't worn as much in recent years. They have a hummingbird design on the lower part of the trouser leg with small iridescent sequins, which is surprisingly intricate. I don't see this level of detail too often on the high street, especially on trousers. However, as I wear trousers so often and feel most at ease in them, I wanted to show that trousers can also be worn as part of a glamorous look, and need not be strictly work wear. These trousers were bought many moons ago for a mere £10 from ASOS, and are one of the nicest pairs I've had. The baggier style also makes them very wearable. I teamed the trousers with this sweet leopard print pointy collar top, which was a sale purchase from Zara a couple of seasons ago, which I went to great lengths to track down on Oxford Street after it had sold out everywhere else. I'm sorry I can't provide current details of where to get them. I tend to mix and match older and newer pieces, and many of the things I wear are old favourites which I've taken good care of. But where possible I've given details below of similar styles I could find. The snakeskin ballet pumps are brand new, and can be bought currently from BHS. This was their very first outing, and they're delightfully fun shoes, but wonderfully comfy as well.
Blouse - Zara (similar), Trousers - ASOS, Ballet pumps - BHS, Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx, Handbag - Amazon (similar)

Hair clip - Accessorize (similar)
Tiger stud earrings - Sainsbury's (similar)
Happy Friday to all of you! I hope you're ready for the weekend. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a really great look, Saba. I really like how it's casual and dressy at the same time.

    Terry
    http://styleofterry.tumblr.com
    http://terrystwocents.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouragement Terry, and for dropping by!

    I'm glad you like the look!

    Saba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love your hair butterfly! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete