31 October 2015

Goth Love (Part 6) - Happy Halloween and Happy 1st Blog Birthday!

Happy Halloween everybody! I hope you're having a fab time, however you chose to spend the day. I'm excited to deliver an extra special installment of my Goth Love series today, which was the very first thing I started posting when my blog began. It doesn't take much for me to get in touch with my goth self, but today it seemed especially fitting, on account of Halloween, but also to mark my one year blog birthday! I wanted to go back to my goth roots with this set of images, which I captured earlier today. Fortunately, the weather turned out to be really bright and mild, so I took the opportunity to get lots of nature shots too.

Today's outfit features a brand new blazer, which I got just yesterday. I'm very happy to have found it, as the material is really nice quality and doesn't attract lint, so I don't need to be quite so obsessive going over it with my sticky roller. It's by Oasis, like many of my wardrobe favourites, and is constructed beautifully with a very flattering fit. The perfect blazer is so elusive and for me, it's the fashion equivalent of the LBD. It's lovely to have those reliable items in our wardrobes, which can be worn time and again. On my lapel I wore a vintage fairy brooch with marcasite stones, which is shown more clearly in the later images. I don't know exactly when it dates from, as there are lots of reproductions of the exact same design. But it resembles the fairy jewellery of the art nouveau era. I've also included some pictures of a friendly squirrel which are completely unrelated to fashion, goth love, or Halloween!

Thank you for dropping by, and I hope you're having a lovely weekend. x


Blazer - Oasis
Blouse - Wallis (past season - similar)
Brooch - Vintage
Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx (similar)
Jewellery Box - Nemesis Now (similar)


Catch up on the Goth Love series

13 comments:

  1. The blazer looks so nice on you - a sharp polished look.
    Hope Halloween was fun!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. I had a lovely Halloween, thank you. I hope you did too!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Love your suit and the pictures look amazing :)
    http://kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Kayla, and for dropping by! Happy Friday!

      Saba

      Delete
  3. Happy (belated) blog birthday! That blazer looks amazing on you. And the brooch is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mikayla! I had a lovely blog birthday, thank you. I'm so glad you like the blazer and fairy brooch!

      Best wishes,

      Saba x

      Delete
  4. Great black blazer!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saba, I love how you added that brooch to spice up your entire outfit! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing outfit :) It looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ti! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete