12 November 2015

Mad About the Boy

Today I'm excited to bring you details of an important event for your fashion diaries, which may have passed you by, and until recently had escaped my notice as well. Hot on the heels of London Fashion Week, and on the cusp of the festive season, October marked National Tuxedo Day! Although I'm fashionably late with my post, I was perfectly happy to don the outfit above to mark the occasion, albeit belatedly. I came to know about National Tuxedo Day (which takes place on October 10th) when I was approached recently by The Black Tux, a premium suit and tuxedo rental company based in the U.S, which offers a modern and fashion-forward approach to menswear for special occasions. When I found out about the unconventional holiday, I was of course inspired to put together my very own tuxedo-style look. I wore a blazer with a tuxedo shape and fit, but without the silky lapels, as I often wear a brooch on a lapel, and try to avoid damage to delicate fabrics.  

Now it's no secret I'm inspired by menswear just as much as I am by female fashion. I feel most at ease in a structured silhouette, with the addition of a few stylish accessories to soften the look. It's all in the details, and a few well-placed accessories can make a world of difference. Sometimes we feel bound by convention, assuming we can't dress a certain way. But breaking the rules can be empowering. See my complete outfit post below, and a round-up of my favourite head-to-toe looks and accessories from The Black Tux collection, which features luxurious materials and offers the perfect fit. 


The Black Tux collection - My Favourite Looks
The Rat Pack Outfit - A dapper head-to-toe look with all the accessories provided
The Holden Outfit - I love midnight blue as an alternative to classic black
Vinyl Record Cufflinks - These whimsical cufflinks are the perfect finishing touch
Midnight Butterfly Bow Tie - The Black Tux has a collection of bow ties in a range of colours for every occasion
* The Black Tux delivers rental orders to the continental U.S only. Images from The Black Tux website are used with permission.

Related post

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your tuxedo-inspired outfit, Saba. Beautiful.

    Terry
    http://styleofterry.tumblr.com
    http://terrystwocents.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terry, for your ongoing kindness and support. I'm so glad you like my tuxedo-inspired look. I guess you could say that getting these pictures right was a labour of love, haha!I I hope you've been well and will visit your blog again soon.

      Saba

      Delete
  2. You look great! I agree that breaking the rules is empowering, but I tend to do that more with my words than what I wear, haha, I am much more comfy in a girly dress than in any kind of pants :)


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia! Thanks so much for visiting, and your encouraging words! I agree it can be empowering to challenge convention. Your style is delightfully feminine, and that suits you just right. The main thing is to be comfortable in one's own identity. :)

      Saba x

      Delete
  3. randomly stumbled upon your page...and I learned something. hehe. I didn't know there was a national tuxedo day. your outfit suits the occasion well.

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, and for taking the time to drop by! I'm really glad you like the look!

      Best wishes,

      Saba

      Delete
  4. Love this look. Like you, I'm smitten by structured menswear elements. I love how you added very feminine elements, like the sweater and purse, to this look.
    Sublimecravings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikayla!

      Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comment. I'm very glad to know you also appreciate 'boy-meets-girl' tailoring! And thanks for noticing the feminine details. :)

      Saba x

      Delete
  5. Nice outfit! love the heart prints! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your visit!

      Delete