23 December 2015

Winter Solstice

Hi everyone! Yesterday was the shortest day of the year, or winter solstice, as you probably know already. With the unusually mild winter we've been having, it came as quite a surprise, as it feels as though we've been having an extended autumn so far! Even so, I'm looking forward to gaining a few more precious moments of daylight with each passing day. Though I detest the darkness of winter, the thing I like best about winter fashion, is the opportunity to wear deep berry tones. The jumper above, with its multi-coloured floral print, is one of my winter favourites, and I wanted to give you a little glimpse of it, before sharing a complete outfit post.  

I'm also wearing one of my favourite fairy brooches here, which has green and purple stained glass panels, and reminds me of a tiffany lamp. I have around ten brooches in my collection, mostly contemporary pieces with some vintage, but I tend to wear this one the most often. Do you have a favourite item of jewellery which you wear time and again, despite having lots of options? 

I can't believe Christmas is nearly here! From tomorrow, I have holidays from work, so I'm super-excited about that, and keen to make the most of the break and catch up with friends and family. Once things calm down a bit, I'll be giving my full attention to the blog, so I'm really glad about that!

I hope you have a lovely Christmas, whatever your faith or personal beliefs. Season's greetings everyone! x   

Related posts

10 comments:

  1. Great look, as always. I love brooches too!
    www.sublimecravings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous as always, Saba :) I can see why that fairy brooch is one of your favourites, it's quite stunnin!

    I tend to wear my faux pearl choker necklace a lot.... it's so pretty because the chain is tiny, so it looks like a floating pearl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely way of describing it. :) Thank you so much for dropping by, and for your sweet comment. I'm really glad you like the look!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. I really like your floral top under the jacket! That's gorgeous! I think it would look great with some jeans and heels too! Cute! I want to wish you a very happy new year as well, it's been lovely getting to know you this year!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna!

      Thanks so much for your super-sweet comment. I'm so glad you like the floral jumper. Yes, it would look fab with jeans and heels too! It's been an absolute pleasure visiting your blog and getting to know you too! I hope the year ahead is a very happy one for you.

      Love Saba x

      Delete
  4. Wow very beautiful brooches. Thanks for sharing this very nice blog.If you are getting ready to go party with friends choose an attractive brooch that would be noticeable especially at night. Find beautiful brooches from abmfashion.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amelia for dropping by! I'm glad you like my blog. I agree, a brooch really completes a look and can add drama to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete