27 February 2016

All in the Details

Life has been busy lately, with lots of unexpected things coming my way, and I've been wanting to return to the blog so much and get posting again. But I haven’t had much success taking outfit photos this month, as the weather has been really windy and cold every time I’ve ventured outside, and so my resulting efforts were not very good. At the same time, I’ve had lots of serious considerations on my mind, which revolve around earning a living, and the kind of future I hope to create for myself. Being independent is of the utmost importance, and is linked to all these things. 

I try to keep the blog as a form of escapism, and don’t like to refer to serious subjects too much, as those things infringe on life all the time anyway, so it’s a relief sometimes to keep my blog separate from everyday concerns and setbacks. Lately I’ve been feeling like something was dulling my shine, and oppressing my spirits. But I'm trying my best to stay positive, and fashion is something which helps me to do that. 

On that positive note, I would like to share these images with you, of an outfit I wore recently. You may recall the purple floral jumper, which has been shown on the blog before (Chasing the Light). The embellished combats are from a long time ago, and they come in useful sometimes when I want a more relaxed alternative to tailored trousers. I added my vintage marcasite necklace from the 1930s, my butterfly hair grip with some purple tones which match the jumper, and a slick of eyeliner for a polished look, which I’ve tried to show more clearly in the indoor photos. I find that details like this really complete a look and make a world of difference. When it comes to fashion, I feel there are no unimportant details, as everything contributes to that final statement. Do you agree, or perhaps you prefer a more spontaneous approach to getting dressed? 

Jumper - Oasis
Trousers - Asos 
Shoes - BHS (similar)
Sunglasses - T.K Maxx (similar)
Necklace - Covent Garden Market (similar)
Butterfly hair grip - Accessorize (similar)

Related posts






10 comments:

  1. Purple is a great color for you... we've had some decent weather the last couple of days... we did have some pouring rain but I was okay with it as it got rid of most of the left over snow :-)

    I'm glad you have your blog as an escapism... I think we all need something ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Launna. It can definitely be therapeutic to have something creative to focus our energies on. I'm glad to hear the weather is somewhat better where you are. Thanks so much for your encouraging comment.

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics as always, Saba. I adore your positivity and am happy to see more blog posts from you! I think you are so right about the importance of paying attention to the details when putting together a look. I admit I can get pretty lazy and sometimes throw things together, but I always feel better when I take the time to attend to the details.

    www.sublimecravings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mikayla! I'm so glad you like these images and my recent blog posts. You're so right, it's always a confidence boost to attend to those details which complete an outfit, so we feel our best.
      Thank you for your continued support!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. That necklace is beautiful! I totally understand your struggle to take blog pics in freezing weather! Sometimes I just don't want to get dressed to go outside esp. during the weekend! I hope your life will brighten up soon whatever it is troubling you! It's great to see you posting again! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Angela. I agree, taking pics outside isn't always appealing, especially with gale force winds and curious looks from passers-by! You do a great job of braving the elements in your outfit photos though. I'm glad you like the necklace! I simply love jewellery from this era.

      Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos, Saba. Purple always looks fabulous on you. And I agree, it really is great to see you posting more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's really sweet of you. I'm so glad you like the outfit.

      Xx

      Delete
  5. That Shirt looks amazing :) It's so pretty

    ReplyDelete