26 March 2016

So near yet so far

After a hectic and tough week, it was such a relief to get outside and capture these images last weekend. I was so happy to finally see signs of spring, after what felt like an eternity of being cold. While I was out and about taking pictures, it was much easier and a very different experience to the hand-numbing expeditions of the previous month, when it was so windy I was worried my tripod would get knocked down.

In the spirit of the new season, I donned my floral print teal green jumper with my leopard print furry coat, and emerald green earrings which look like four-leaf clovers. I wore this outfit to work a few days before, but with errands to run and extra things to do, there was no possibility of taking pictures properly during the day. So I recreated the look on Saturday, when I had enough time for a photo session. I didn’t strive to make my ensemble too matchy-matchy, and I think it’s acceptable that the jumper is a different shade of green to the earrings, with the leopard print on top. Normally I try to keep things consistent colour-wise, but lately I’ve been wearing different colour combinations and prints together, and taking a less strict approach to coordinating things exactly. It’s been quite liberating and definitely seems to improve my mood, so I’ve decided to wear bright colours and prints more often. Since taking these pictures, it’s gotten quite cold again, and spring seems so near yet so far, but I’m remaining optimistic.

What do you look forward to most about spring? Which fashions are you keen to start wearing again? Do comment below and let me know your thoughts on the change of season, and matchy-matchy ensembles!

I'd also like to wish a happy Easter to all my readers.






Jumper - past season Oasis (similar)
Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar)
Coat - Oliver Bonas (similar)
Necklace - vintage from Covent Garden Market (similar)
Earrings - Accessorize (similar)
Sunglasses - T.K Maxx (similar)
Related posts
Keeping My Composure
Goth Love (Part 4) - Urban Goth By Day

16 comments:

  1. Saba, I am glad the weather is starting to warm up there for you... at least you don't have to completely freeze while you are getting your pictures xox ... Your outfit looks good, I don't think you need to always match everything up... different colors look great together xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Launna! That's so kind of you! I'm glad you like the outfit. Yes, it's a relief to not be freezing, although we're expecting a storm again, so I may have to remain cautiously optimistic!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to you!! I really like this jacket you have, I know I've said it before and you have worn it before, but it's so cute! :D :D

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna! That's so sweet of you. I'm glad you like the jacket. I hope you had a lovely Easter as well!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. Love those earrings & necklace Saba! Spring over here in the Sates is teasing us... one moment it's here the next it's gone... Can't wait for the warmer days so I can just stay in my summer dresses! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! That's so kind of you. I'm glad you like the earrings and necklace. I know what you mean about the changeable weather. Hopefully it will improve where you are, so you can make the most of your summer wardrobe!

      Xx

      Delete
  4. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andjela! Thanks so much for your visit and comment. I'm so glad you like my blog. I've visited your blog too, and it's a pleasure to read. I've added you on social media, so hopefully we can stay in touch!

      xx

      Delete
  5. For me it's the warmer weather and pretty colours that I look forward to in Spring. Glad the weather has been better for you, I know all about horrible weather and photos lol. They don't mix. That top is really cool! I'd love to see more of your casual style as well, Saba!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lorna! I agree, it's a relief to finally leave winter behind. Like you, I'm looking forward to sunnier days and brighter colours. Thanks so much for your supportive comments on the blog. I'm glad you like the top. I've recently bought myself some jeans, so I'm looking forward to showing a slightly more casual look on the blog soon!

      Have a fab day!

      xx

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of dressing in a way that uplifts your mood, rather than focusing on matching colors. I have a tendency to be overly matchy with the colors in my outfits, too. The idea of moving away from being overly matchy and moving towards focusing on how what I wear makes me feel sounds wonderful. I think I'll follow your lead.

    http://sublimecravings.com/more-cravings/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mikayla for your super-sweet comment! I know what you mean, the urge to be matchy-matchy can be very strong! But yes, it's enjoyable to mix unexpected colours and prints together, and dress purely for our own enjoyment!

      Thanks so much for your visit and for always leaving encouraging comments!

      Xx

      Delete
  7. Dear, I follow you back on Google+
    xoxo

    www.bekleveer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andjela, that's great! I look forward to keeping in touch.

      xx

      Delete
  8. That's a great outfit :) It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete