12 April 2016

Take Me Somewhere Nice

Last weekend I went on one of my Saturday adventures, after quite a long time. It was so sunny and the weather was lovely, for a little while at least. When I arrived at the location and started to set up my tripod, a bridal party arrived with their professional photographer, and they were having their pictures taken in a nearby part of the park. When the photographer had finished taking pictures of the bride and groom, and the various relatives and friends, I had my own photo session to capture my outfit images, in a less noticeable way. 

I recently bought this pair of bootcut jeans, and this was my first time wearing them. It's been years since I wore jeans, and this pair reminds me of the kind I used to wear. As I still prefer a smarter look for myself, I added my black fitted blazer which I bought last autumn, over my Oriental-inspired bird print summer top, which has a blue and peach colour scheme. You may recall this blazer from an earlier post (Goth Love (Part 6) - Happy Halloween and Happy 1st Blog Birthday!). The jeans were bought from a petite range, so the length was about right, and I don't think I'll be altering them. I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances to wear them, and hopefully they'll solve some of my wardrobe dilemmas in the mornings, as they co-ordinate with virtually everything. Thankfully, bootcut jeans are a lot more forgiving than skinny jeans, which are only flattering for a select few I think!

What's your favourite way of wearing jeans? How will you be styling your denim this spring / summer? Do let me know in the comments below, as it's always great to hear from readers.









Top - past season Oasis (similar)
Jeans - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar)
Blazer - past season Oasis (similar)
Footwear - Lonsdale (similar)
Earrings - Fenwick (similar)
Necklace - vintage (similar)
Sunglasses - T.K Maxx (similar)

Related post


20 comments:

  1. Saba, I love a dark wash jean that is boot cut, it is very flattering, I definitely need more curvy for the waist and his but you look lovely ... and I agree a blazer always pulls an outfit together so great... I am glad the weather is much better for you... have a wonderful week xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Launna! I agree, bootcut jeans are a must for curvier girls! It's great to have sunny weather for a change! I hope you've also been well. It's lovely of you to drop by.

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Great photos! The jeans and blazer looks suits you a lot. Nicely put together, and I love the colourful earrings! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I'm really glad you like the look, and approve of the earrings!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, a year since you wore jeans? How is this even possible! Ha ha, I don't think I could ever do that, not given how much I love them. I think you look great in them though, I'm not one for bootcut as I find it hard to pull off but you have the figure for them! It's nice to see you in jeans and a blazer, it's a really pretty look!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lorna! You have excellent taste, so that means a lot to me! I agree, jeans are a wardrobe saviour, and I'm surprised I managed without them for so long! You always have lots of chic denim looks on your blog, so that's always an inspiration!

      Xx

      Delete
  4. Great fitted blazer! Definitely something you can style in different ways.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! I agree, a tailored blazer is so versatile and definitely a wardrobe saviour! Thanks for dropping by!

      Xx

      Delete
  5. A blazer with jeans can never go wrong! I love wearing my jeans with boho tops! :) Have a great week Saba! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, a blazer gives the option of dressing up an otherwise casual outfit. Jeans styled with a boho top are perfect for channeling that free-spirited 'seventies vibe! Thanks so much for your visit and comment!

      Xx

      Delete
  6. I was stopping by in anticipation of a new post, but I will check again in the week! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :D :D

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna!

      Thanks so much for dropping by! I hope to have a new post showing soon! I had a lovely weekend, thank you, and I hope you did too!

      Xx

      Delete
  7. Lots of love to you Saba on the hump day Wednesday :D :D

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to a new post Saba. No pressure! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's ok! I respond well to pressure!

      Xx

      Delete
  9. I’m in love! This is so beautiful. Hope you have an amazing new week!

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you. I hope you have a great week as well!


      Delete
  10. Love this post! Thanks for sharing! xx

    Check out my new post @OHIAMIHT BLOG.

    x Mai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mai for your visit! It was a pleasure visiting your blog too!

      xx

      Delete