2 May 2016

A 'Staycation' (Part 1)

Hi everyone! It’s such a relief to have a bank holiday weekend, after what feels like a very hectic few months, and I hope that those of you who have the day off today are making the most of it too. I didn’t make plans to travel outside the city, and decided instead to have a ‘staycation’ and catch up with family and friends. Yesterday evening, I went to one of my usual haunts to take pictures and make the most of the mild weather we’ve been having. I decided to wear my V & A print top from Oasis, which I bought late last summer, and paired it with my dark blue jeans, which I’ve been wearing a lot lately. The top features two real art prints from the V & A museum’s collections. Although this particular blouse is from last year, Oasis has once again collaborated with the V & A to produce a gorgeous capsule collection of dresses with a similar artistic feel, which you can view here.

I wore my art nouveau silver and marcasite fairy necklace, which you may recall from my birthday post last year (All Grown Up in Leopard Print - My Birthday Outfit). I thought the classical style of the necklace would complement the printed top nicely and be consistent with the artsy theme. I added my faithful swan bag and a black blazer to complete the look. 

While I was taking pictures, I was approached by a lovely old gentleman who was curious to know what I was doing. I gave my standard response that I was taking a self-portrait for class, an acceptable excuse borrowed from a seasoned blogger, Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky. I normally have to be quite streetwise while I'm out taking pictures, but this gentleman was clearly a nice person and not creepy in the slightest, and we struck up an interesting conversation. He was telling me about his granddaughter, who lives in the States and is studying photography, and we talked for a little while about different things, before parting. It was nice to have this unexpected interaction. In fact, my whole evening was somewhat unexpected, as I was initially unsure whether I would even be able to make it outside and capture any pictures. I had almost given up on the idea, as I was worried it was too late and I’d already lost the light. But I’m so glad I did venture outside in the end. There was also a massive magnolia tree in bloom which I’d seen before and been wanting to take pictures of, and I finally managed to do so.

I hope you like my outfit and the resulting pictures! Do you have any plans to travel this summer, or are you content to have a staycation in your own city? Do you have any items in your wardrobe which you consider to be works of art? Do leave your comments below and let me know!

Top - Oasis (similar)
Jeans - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar)
Blazer - Oasis (similar)
Trainers - Lonsdale (similar)
Bag - Amazon (similar)
Necklace - Vintage, Ebay
Earrings - Oasis (similar)
Sunglasses - T.K Maxx (similar)

36 comments:

  1. Saba, this is a cute outfit... I like how you styled it. I'm happy you were able to make it out... the trees are so pretty, I love the colors.

    I hope you have a really great week without too much stress or pressure xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Launna! You always leave a sincere and supportive comment! I'm so glad you like my outfit, and the magnolia tree!

      Have a fab week as well and thanks for dropping by!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute outfit. You took amazing pictures too.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your super-sweet comment Simera, and for dropping by!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Pretty outfit, Saba! You should have posed with the beautiful tree!

    My Vivienne Westwood Gillie shoes by Melissa are truly a work of art. I must show them to you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really pleased you like the outfit. Wow those shoes sound fabulous! I NEED to see them!

      Xx

      Delete
  4. The prints on your blouse are so lovely, and I love the way you styled the whole look. And what a great response for curious onlookers asking about why you're taking pics!

    www.sublimecravings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mikayla! I'm so glad you like the prints! I find it helps to have a ready-made excuse prepared for curious strangers when I'm out and about!

      I hope you have a fab week!

      Xx

      Delete
  5. It's lovely to see you in denim again and that floral top is lovely too! The weather has been great lately, although I think it's due to rain again next week! Ugh! What a sweet gentleman though to converse with you, usually people stop Adam and I and ask if we want a photo of the both of us cause they think we're tourists, ha ha!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna! I'm so glad you approve of the look! That's funny being mistaken for a tourist in your own town! Luckily you always capture lovely images in the end, despite the interruptions!

      xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a pretty top and I love the necklace Saba! hehe yea sometimes you get to have unexpected interesting conversation with total strangers! Have a great weekend and enjoy the nice weather! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Angela! Thank you! I agree, random meaningful conversations with strangers can be surprisingly interesting! I hope you have a wonderful week!

      xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's very sweet of you.

      x

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comments, Saba! I hope you had an amazing weekend! I will reply to your email very soon!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Lorna! It's always a pleasure to hear from you!

      Xx

      Delete
  9. Amazing staycation , the place looks perfect. x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! Your purse is so pretty! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by to wish you a very happy weekend, Saba!!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna! I hope you have a fab weekend as well!

      Xx

      Delete
  12. Nice outfit, hun!
    Love your necklace and bag, look so elegant!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your super-sweet comment! I'm glad you like them.

      xx

      Delete
  13. i love the top! the floral pattern is so beautiful. and the flowers too!
    have a great weekend ahead
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your positive comment Evelyn! I appreciate you dropping by!

      xx

      Delete
  14. That top comes in such a pretty print! I personally love staycations and I hope you get to enjoy many more!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really lovely of you, thank you Jeanne! A staycation can be great fun and less stressful than a time-consuming journey!

      xx

      Delete
  15. Staycations are so nice and much needed sometimes! You look lovely!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carina for your super-sweet comment!

      xx

      Delete
  16. You must blog more, Saba!! It's always a delight to read your posts. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement! Yes, I really should as it gives me a sense of satisfaction to do something creative regularly! I'll make it my resolution!

      xx

      Delete
  17. I agree, when will you be posting your new post or part 2 to this one? Thank you as always for your lovely comments on my blog!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Lorna! It's an absolute pleasure. Thanks so much for your continued support.

      xx

      Delete
  18. I love the sweet bag :)

    ReplyDelete