31 July 2016

Midnight Blue

For this outfit, my inspiration was Oriental elegance, and I wanted to capture the opulence of the East. I love elaborate embroidery, detailed prints, and jewel tones. It’s a look I’ve always been drawn to, and luckily this Eastern-influenced style has been appearing on the high street a lot this season. To capture this style, I wore my embroidered silk bolero in midnight blue which I’ve had for a really long time, and teamed it with a printed top which also has an Oriental-inspired floral and bird print, and blue jeans. I completed the look with copper-toned ballet pumps, and my swan bag which you’ve surely seen lots of times on the blog already! It’s hard to give up old favourites isn’t it? I had another giant bag with me too, which is mostly out of sight, but quite fittingly it also had a colourful geisha doll print on it. 

I kept my make-up quite simple, with the main focus on defining my eyes with winged eyeliner, and had my hair straight, as always. It’s gotten really long now and I should really visit the hairdresser, but letting someone else handle my unruly hair is virtually a phobia of mine!

Anyway, I hope you like my outfit. Do you adore Eastern-inspired opulence as much as I do? Is it a look you’ve already embraced, or would you like to give it a try? Do let me know in the comments below! Thank you for dropping by! x





Top – Oasis (similar)
Jeans – Mantaray at Debenhams
Silk bolero – Warehouse (similar)
Shoes – BHS (similar)
Clutch bag – Amazon (similar)
Bird stud earrings – similar
Necklace – vintage, Covent Garden Market (similar)
Sunglasses – T.K Maxx (similar)
Tote bag– similar

Related posts
Left my Heart in Tokyo

16 comments:

  1. Saba, it's great to see you blogging, I like the printed blouse, it looks wonderful on you... and I haven't seen the cute purse, I love it, it is so pretty xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Launna! I'm so glad you like the blouse, and my faithful swan bag! I hope you've been well. Thanks for your visit and comment!

      xx

      Delete
  2. This is a refreshing look to what one sees everyday out and about :) I love the consistent oriental theme. You look elegant as always and the swan bag is just gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and for always being supportive. I'm so glad you love the Oriental theme, and my swan bag too! Thanks for dropping by, and have a fabulous day!

      xx

      Delete
  3. What a great look! Your embroidered bolero is stunning. The perfect piece for an oriental themed outfit. I also love the floral top and the cute geisha bag. I really like Eastern style influences - I have several light kimono jackets for summer which I love. Have a lovely weekend!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I'm glad to hear you like my outfit, and adore Eastern style as much as I do! Your kimono jackets sound lovely, I hope to see them featured on your blog! Thanks for dropping by, and have a fab day!

      xx

      Delete
  4. That bag is so cute!

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your silk bolero is so lovely! Like you, I'm a big fan of Eastern style and I can't wait to integrate a bit of opulence into my fall wardrobe.

    www.sublimecravings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet of you! Thank you Mikayla! I'm glad to hear you're a fan of Eastern-inspired opulence too! It's a look that would suit you beautifully! xx

      Delete
  6. I was always so scared to go to the hairdressers as well when my hair was long, but now I love getting it chopped off, oh how times change! Ha ha! Sorry I haven't visited in a while, I just literally haven't had time, but I know that's no excuse. I think you look great as always though, love the oriental inspired top, Saba!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna! There's no need to apologise! I always appreciate it when you visit and take the time to leave a lovely comment. I hope things calm down for you, so you're not so overworked! I did finally visit the hairdresser, and it was a far better experience than I expected, so I was happy! xx

      Delete
  7. Wishing you a very happy midweek, Saba! I can't wait to see how your hair looks after your visit!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna! You'll be seeing it soon. I hope you like it! xx

      Delete
  8. This outfit is one of your best looks, Saba...I like the blue bolero...the fabric, color and cut are perfect...looks very sophisticated...and the bag is so cute....the centerpiece is the detail with swans detail!!!!An interesting proposal!!!Kisses
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophia! That's very sweet of you. I'm so glad this is one of your favourite looks on the blog, and you like the blue bolero and beloved swan bag as much as I do! I appreciate your visit and comment.

      I hope you're having a fab day! xx

      Delete