20 December 2016

Ophelia Inspired Flower Crown - Part 1

I've always wanted to wear a flower crown like this, and when I recently found one with small pink roses and realistic-looking leaves in Claire's Accessories, I just had to have it. It definitely felt quite grand to wear. I love the way it can transform a look, and make even a simple outfit seem much more dramatic and regal. As an English Literature student, I studied Shakespeare's Hamlet and know the story inside out, and this type of flower garland always makes me think of Ophelia, as she's often depicted in paintings. Since I took pictures on two different days wearing the flower crown, I thought I'd share some of the detail shots here, but there are more images to come in part two of this post! So watch this space! 

In the meantime, I hope you like these pictures. How would you style a flower crown? Let me know in the comments below! 

Thank you for visiting and see you soon! 

Lots of love

8 comments:

  1. Saba, I like the flower crown, it looks so girly... I love flowers and this is an adorable way to wear them xox... Having the touch of color with the pink gives is a brighter look. I have never worn one of these but I think it would be a sweet idea, I could see it changing my outlook xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Launna! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I'm so glad you like the flower crown. You'd look lovely wearing a flower crown as well, and should definitely get one! It's a really nice touch if you have a special occasion to attend.

      I hope all is otherwise well with you. It's always lovely to hear from you. xx

      Delete
  2. As it's Winter, I think you did a great job actually. I would pair it with a floral dress or something, but in Winter there's not much use for that. What a cute brooch though, I love how adorable that is. I get the Ophelia reference too, that's really cool! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it and happy new year! Thank you for always stopping by my blog too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna! It was so lovely to receive your kind and encouraging comment. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like this look, especially the brooch. The flower crown would look lovely styled with a summer dress too as you suggested, for a festival-inspired look. Thanks so much and Happy New Year to you too! It's always an absolute pleasure to visit your blog. xx

      Delete
  3. Saba, I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy New Year with lots of love, peace and joy... I really hope you have a very wonderful 2017 and onward xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Launna! Wishing you a very Happy New Year too! May all your dreams come true. xx

      Delete
  4. I usually style my floral crown with white dresses, it's cool how you managed to pull it off in a winter outfit! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! That sounds like a lovely way to style a flower crown. I adore your bohemian outfits! xx

      Delete